In love with the deep rich colors of my November Sock Squad yarns and used those colors as my guide for the month (along with some specific requests). I’ve started a lace pair with the blue and may combine with some of the other greens and blues that I have on hand to make another mismatched pair. Now that the weather is cooler and I can stand to have something larger on my lap I have also started some other projects. The work on my Rift sweater continues in a grey cotton-linen yarn and I am using some bulky yarn to make a lap blanket for cozy evenings on the couch. Finished A LOT of projects this month:
- No. 25 – These were so fun to knit and I am going to have to make sure to do this again when second sock syndrome strikes!
- Classic Ribbed Hat – Gift for the 18yo knit up super fast. Cozy, warm and may make more of these as christmas gifts.
- Gigi Hat – He has been wanting a knitted bucket and this had the added challenge of a provisional cast on for a nice finish to the folded brim. Love and may dig through my yarn stash to make one for myself in a brighter color.
- No. 26 – Green and black pair for the 18yo.
- Sugar Plum Cowl – Gift for MIL.
Colors of the month: Blues and greens with some earthy browns and reds sneaking in.
Listening to: The Ornette Coleman Trio at the “Golden Circle” Stockholm