Just a quick post to show off our yummy tacos from a few days ago. I did most of the prep work in advance – so getting these from stove to table was fast.
Filling for tacos:
Black Beans *
Potatoes & Kale Saute**
Salsa of choice
* To dress up your black beans:
1. Warm appr. 16 oz of black beans (I slow-cook and portion up in the fridge, but canned works in a flash) in a small saucepan.
2. Squeeze in juice from half a lime and add 1/4 tsp of cumin (or more to taste).
**For the saute:
1. Saute appr. 1/2 cup of finely diced onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil with oregano (1/4-1/2 tsp) till translucent.
2. Add 2-3 potatoes (boiled and chopped) and mash into onion mixture.
3. Add in kale (one bunch chopped) and cook until reduced and soft.
4. Salt and pepper to taste
Assemble your tacos on your favorite tortillas, but give corn a try if you can find some. They toast up well in a dry skillet.
Be patient. Be kind. Eat well.