It’s Spring Break! We popped over to the Big D again to peek at the latest addition to the Ramirez family roster and are now ready to revel in Spring. We have our potted garden to tend to, lots of craft projects, our first spring canning project, miscellaneous SXSW events and we must squeeze in some tennis and kite-flying.
I try my best to keep us eating at home on weeks like this. The key to making it a reality is keeping lots of snack components and quick meal ingredients around so I’ll be focusing on ingredients this week. The meals will be simple with lots of salads, soups, stir-fries and tacos to fill the belly in between all the fun.
Things to make:
- Brown rice – for fried rice, taco salad, rice & bean bowls
- Black beans – for nachos, taco salad, rice & beans bowls, refried for dip
- Chickpeas – for hummus, chana masala, pasta salad
- Double batch of pizza dough – for small freezer pizzas
- Tortillas – tacos!
- Sweet Potato Soup
- Granola Bars
- Applesauce Muffins
- Homemade Toaster Waffles
- Roasted Cauliflower, Carrots, Broccoli, Beets – for salads, baked potato toppings & snacking)
- Baked Tofu – for salads, stir fries and snacking
- Mustard Vinaigrette
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette
- Orange & Grapefruit Juice
- Yogurt & Smoothie Popsicles