Keeping your jars upright during water bath processing is tough if you don’t have a full canner. I’ve always used empty jars to help fill my pot, but tried something new this year – water-filled jars but lidded for sealing:
- Fill your extra sterilized jars with filtered water.
- Wipe rims and then add lids and rings to finger-tight.
- Fill in empty spots in your canner pot to balance your load.
- Process for at least 10 minutes or for as long as you are processing your other foods.
- Remove from canner and allow to come to room temperature before removing rings (preferably overnight).